ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The Department of Chemistry was set up in the year 1996 as the pioneer department of the college and it flourishes into inter-disciplinary with Physics in the year 2015 and it transformwith Biochemistry from this academic year 2022 — 2023. Our vision is to provide Chemistry and Biochemistry education and training with highquality performance for careers in academia, industry and government. Our vision is to provide Chemistry and Biochemistry education and training with highquality performance for careers in academia, industry and government.
Offering UG Chemistry, PG Chemistry, MPhil Chemistry, UG Biochemistry and PGBiochemistry courses. Our department is well known for its excellence in teaching and research. The Chemistry curriculum covers not only the core subjects such as Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry but also includes recent trends via elective subjects like Medicinal Chemistry, Nano Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Clinical Chemistry etc.,. Likewise Biochemistry curriculum covers the core subjects like Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, Cellular Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Genetics, Bioenergetics and Metabolism, Immunology, Nutritional Biochemistry, Biostatistics with subject electives, Non Major electives and skill based elective subjects. Apart from that our department offers Ancillary chemistry for the benefit of other department students.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry laboratories equipped with . necessary instruments/ accessories. We feel pride that nearly 622 B.Sc Chemistry, 76 M.Sc Chemistry, 2 MPhil Chemistry, 380 B.Sc Biochemistry and 72 M.Sc Biochemistry students were graduated from our department, in that 56 students acquired university ranks which adds further feather to the precious crown of our department.
- We were witnessing in place of providing vibrant emphasis for the development of the women by giving training through the value added course Dyeing and Consumer products preparation(DYCO).
- Nearly 1500 students were benefitted through this course which extends its hands for providing training for self-help group members and for other women folk. The research activities are gradually increased which was identified through their research presentations and publications.
- Our department faculty members and students were published nearly 31 papers in International, 7 papers in National level Journals and 34 papers in proceedings in various fields and the research papers were presented then and there. our pride that they are invited from eminent institution as a chief guest/ Chair/ Jury panel member/ Guest lecturer etc. regularly.
- We provide platform for the young minds to think and demonstrate their skills viaCHEMZYMA association activities. It stands as a testament to all the talent evolution It is our routine for celebrating Scientist’s birthdays; we have celebrated Lavoisier, Madam Curie, Abdul Kalam, Enrico Fermi, Thomas Aiwa Edison, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking birthdays.
- We always find ways to explore science by exhibiting their ideas in to reality throughExpos. We host eminent speakers for Conferences/seminars/ special lectures and have them educate our budding scientists which helps them to keep the students engaged and connected with the eminent scientists from Abroad/ CSIR institutes like IIT, IISo, NPL / Reputed educational institutions.
- Our students displaying the scientific Events in Notice Board habitually. Skillful students showcased their skills in academic; sports and everyone involve themselves in social activities by taking part of the clubs (NSS, Consumer club, Green Club, Literacy Club, YRC, RRC, Sports) to serve the nation.
❑ Our vision is to provide Chemistry and Biochemistry education and training with high
quality performance for careers in academia, industry and government
❑ To create an environment that helps to acquire theoretical knowledge through Practical
❑ To practice modem educational technology in lecture and laboratory courses
❑ To develop innovative interdisciplinary research programs