The NSCA & S Library was established in 1996. It moved to the present building in 2006, stocking over 19000 books. The Library has been computerized for circulation and searching of books with ELIFA Software. The total area of the Library building is about 2948 sq.ft. All the reading rooms in our library have been air conditioned. The main aim of the central Library is to provide information services and access to print and E – resources to support the Scholarly and informational needs of the institute Community. The fully Computerized central Library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of books, print and E-journals, CD-ROMs, audio, video cassettes and project reports, etc. Open Access system is being followed in the Central Library.
- Maximum Utilization
- Easy accessibility
- User Satisfaction
- Books -19,013
- National -86
- International -17
- Back Volumes -1,790
- Dissertations/Project Reports -1,631
- CD/VCD collection -612
Digital Resource Center
As a Part of Digital Library, Digital Resource Centre is functioning in the Library. The centre has the source of 650 e-resources.
|Monday- Saturdays 9.00 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
During Vacation 9.00 a.m.- 5.30 p.m.
|9.30 a.m.- 4.30 p.m.
||No. of Books
||Non -Teaching Staff
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done at any one time.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to collect receipt for fine amount paid by them.
- Overdue charge of Rs.1 per book per day is charged for late return of books
- RULESStrict silence should be maintained inside the Library.
- Users must keep their bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the Property Counter before entering the Library.
- On any account, bags and own copies of Book materials should not be brought inside the Library.
- Users must enter in the Library gate register kept at the entrance while entry/exit to record their entry into the library.
- Since the bar coding transaction is done for the book materials, the students are asked to bring their identity card without fail.
- Newspapers should be read only outside the Library in the veranda of the Library.
- Book should be returned on or before the date last marked or a fine of Re.1/- will be charged for each day.
- If any pages of the books & Journals are missing, the person concerned should pay fine.
- If the books taken in a good condition are returned in a damaged manner, they should pay the fine amount without delay.
- Issue, Return and Renewal of the books are done only through the Library counter.
- Marking with either pen or pencil in the Library books should strictly be avoided.
- If any book /journal are brought out of the library with out proper entry serious action will be taken.
- Misplacement of books in the different shelves is punishable.
- Users should leave the books on the tables after reading.
- No due certificate will be issued by the Librarian after the
- Submission of Library Books, Periodicals, CD, and Project.
- Property counter
- Issue counter
- Return counter
- Newspaper reading hall
- Books reading hall
- Periodical section
- Library e-gate entry
- Reference section
- Project section
- E- Resources maintained in digital library.
- Opac (online public accessing catalogue).