- The department is one among the few colleges who initiated Microbiology & Biochemistry course in the first category in both UG and PG level and our alumni are positioned in leading fields.
- Microbiology and Biochemistry are important interdisciplinary science integrating both basic and applied aspects of Biological sciences.
- The department has excellent infrastructure for teaching, learning process and research. The department is well equipped with a projector to offer video conference lectures and power point presentations.
- The research activities of the department are recognized by the funding agency of UGC.
- The department is focused to improve the usefulness of academic activity to meet the standard education. Research oriented papers are included to strong them the curriculum.
- The thrust areas of research in the department include Bioenergy from Microalgae, dye degradation, Bioremediation, Vermicomposting, Mushroom Cultivation, Endophytes as biofertilizer, Development of Natural antimicrobial finishes, etc.,
Highlights of the Department