Research is the quest for in-depth knowledge and wisdom.
- The objectives of Research and Development cell (GRP) are, to cultivate Good Research Projects based on Research Ethics.
- To discover and create new knowledge about scientific and technological topics for the purpose of developing new products, processes and services.
- To facilitate individuals, attracting extramural research funding, creating relationships, developing and implementing strategies that increase institutional competitiveness.
- Enabling competitive, individual and team research and facilitating research excellence.
- Six Departments offer M.Phil. Programmes and the faculty members from these departments supervise the dissertation works of their M.Phil. Scholars. The faculty members in PG departments guide the final year PG students for their projects. The students’ projects are promoted by providing adequate infrastructure facilities.
- The Management provides incentives for the faculty members who publish research papers in the reputed journals.
- To monitor the research activities, Research and Development Cell (R & D Cell) was established. The R & D Cell consists of ten faculty members representing each department including a co-ordinator to assess the research activities of the cell.
- The R & D Cell encourages all the departments to apply to various funding agencies for organizing Seminars / Conferences and carrying out Major / Minor Research projects. It also encourages the students to apply for TNSCST students projects.