ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- Literature adds to reality and enriches the necessary competencies that a daily life requires and provides. In this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. English as a language is a bridge across borders and cultures, a source of unity in a rapidly changing World.
- The English Department seeks to foster knowledge and love of Literature & language and thereby strives to create more career opportunities. It was established in 1999 with B.A programme. Later, M.A and M.Phil programmes were also introduced in 2002 and 2005. MOUs signed to enlighten the students’ language skills with reputed concerns for courses like English for All, Active English, Lingua Treata and we have high defined Softwares like Olivia, Shine Tech – ETNL & Lady Hawk in our Language Laboratories.
- To enrich the in-depth analysis of subjects and to update the knowledge of the students, renowned academicians, writers and activists and scholars from different walks of life were invited to share their valuable knowledge and experience. We had organized International & National Level Conferences, Seminars, Symposium and Workshops in various and new advanced fields of English Language and Literature.
- Various literary events were organized through the MUSE Literary Association and the winners were awarded trophies and certificates.
- Lingua Talentia an Intra-Department programme was organized every year, to motivate the students of other departments to get involved in English Literature & Language. To create awareness of English Literature & Language among students of other departments LIT’ FEST was celebrated very year.
- To give the students a better acquaintance on their studies and career Field Trips were arranged. The Department had adopted Upparpatty & Chokkathevanpatti villages and had rendered its service to the Panchayat Union Middle School, Panchayat Union Primary School and to the society.
Clubs of the Department:
- Reading Club
- Quiz Club
- Theatre Club
- Writing Club
- Story Telling Club
- Movie Club
Our vision is to foster intellectual skills, cross cultural literacy and aesthetic appreciation.
- To develop increasing intricacy with listening, speaking, reading, writing and problem solving
- To strengthen the students ability to analyze all forms of literary expression.